[Frameworks] Please stop responding with sarcasm (alert)

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Wed Jul 13 13:24:13 CDT 2011

This all started with a request that, even if Mason retracted it, is a
request of others on this list: Let's ban all attachments. Now.

The unwarranted assumptions and personal comments about what a Yale
student should have as resources and the like are offensive. No one on
this list should ever have their financial situation and other access
situations subject to speculation. There are many different email
systems. Some leave messages on servers with limited space. Some
download to your computer. There is no way of knowing whether
attachments are an annoyance or not, even if unopened, to any
particular list member. I never open them, and they do cause problems
for me anyway.

I am not on this list because I "enjoy experimental film." I am on it
because I have cared deeply, for most of my life, about many
"experimental" films, and the deeply engaged social views underlying
some of them. The majority of "experimental" films are not very
interesting to me. But I'm never going to learn about new ones if they
are announced only in attachments rather than by posting a url to a
Web site with the info. And I'll venture I'm not the only one on this
list who doesn't open attachments.

As for "dumbing down," sorry, Cari, but you should know by now that
Chuck and I have very low IQs. You can see by examining our long
careers that we are of very limited intelligence and are actually
mentally challenged. Instead of adding to the hurtfulness of those
truths, you should acknowledge that this list has many different types
of people on it, including, in actual fact, people who are not native
English speakers and are just going to miss the boundless subtleties
of your delicately poetic writing. Therefore, I think posts should be
straightforward and as clear as possible. I never like it when people
treat their posts as art works. But of course, I am rather limited, as
you like to keep observing, even while accusing me of name calling.

Fred Camper
Chicago