[Frameworks] this guy's youtube channel has copyrighted experimental film work on it, who is this guy????

Brian Frye brianlfrye at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 20:41:40 CDT 2011

Actually, it is generally life of the author plus 70 years, except in case
of works made for hire, in which case it is generally 95 years from
publication.  For better or worse.

"The law automatically protects a work that is created and fixed in a
tangible medium of expression on or after January 1, 1978, from the moment
of its creation and gives it a term lasting for the author’s life plus an
additional 70 years. For a “joint work prepared by two or more authors who
did not work for hire,” the term lasts for 70 years after the last surviving
author’s death. For
works made for hire and anonymous and pseudonymous works, the duration of
copyright is 95 years from first publication or 120 years from
creation, whichever is shorter (unless the author’s identity is later
revealed in Copyright Office records, in which case the term becomes the
author’s life plus 70 years)."

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ15a.pdf or see 17 usc section 301 et seq.

BLF

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 7:10 PM, Matt Helme <dcinema2134 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is it really 95 years after the authors death? I have not kept up with this
> issue for a while.
>
> Matt
>
> http://www.youtube.com/user/oscarthepug1234 http://www.matthelme.webs.com/

Brian L. Frye