[Frameworks] More advice on film loopers

Jorge Lorenzo Flores Garza jorgelorenzo at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 25 09:45:23 CDT 2011

Marco's looper pictures look like a really slick looper, very pro.  In my case I do my own loopers with a very handmade look because I use plastic washers from the local hardware store as rollers and nails to hold them onto acrilic plates.  The design is from the ones Filmwerkplatz in Holland used to make and were kind enough to share.  I've adapted the design from 16mm to Super 8 and 35mm just by extenfing the rollers.  I've tested the 35mm and worked really well, but didn't have access to a projector for too long so I don't know if it lasts running for hours.  The looper is made for 100ft of 16mm and I am testing one for maybe 400 ft.
Cheers!