[Frameworks] using cores in a bolex/breaking down SE to daylight spools

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Fri Jul 29 17:15:53 CDT 2011

I've got a core adapter that I could use to put short ends on cores right into my Bolex. Since a core is a bit wider than a daylight spool does anyone know what maximum short end size I can use without trouble?

For winding down SE larger than 100 ft, does anyone have any advice on how to determine I've got a 100ft on a daylight spool? Or what is the maximum amount of film I can safely wind onto a daylight spool? I've got a couple of short ends around 120ft in length.

Thank you!

John