[Frameworks] Experimental Editing - writings and films

Beebe,Roger W rogerbb at ufl.edu
Sat Jul 30 17:43:32 CDT 2011

The Artavazd Peleshian interview in A Critical Cinema touches on his theory of "distance montage," which is elaborated in more detail in a handout that was distributed at the Flaherty back in 1999 when he was a guest.  (I might have a copy in my files in Florida but I'm far far from there now.  My memory is that it was a translation that had been done specifically for the Flaherty.)

Then there's also Kubelka's Metric Cinema, which you can find discussed in his A Critical Cinema interview too, I think, as well as 100 other places (online lectures, etc., etc.).

Paul Willemen has an essay on Amos Gitai's editing (that first appeared in Screen, I think) that I remember being impressed by when I read it in grad school, but I have to confess to having little memory of it now.

First things that came to mind...
Roger