[Frameworks] combining SD and HD

Brook Hinton bhinton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 18:33:36 CDT 2011

FCP Studio 3 does allow limited blu-ray authoring through FCP's "share"
function. You have to be on the latest (or maybe it's second to latest)
version via software update, and of course you need a blu-ray burner. I've
successfully burned screeners and exhibition copies with it. You don't get
menu functions beyond an optional, very basic menu. I've never seen a dvd or
blu-ray meny I didn't hate, including the ones I've had to design for
clients, so it hasn't been an issue for me.

It also allows you to do the lesser-data-rate-blu-ray-on-a-dvd thing.

Not as elegant as a solution that allows tweaking every aspect of the
compression settings but the results are surprisingly "good" (within the
limited "good" available via any temporally compressed medium).

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/fcp_7_share_stone.html

Brook

Brook Hinton
Moving Image and Sound Maker