[Frameworks] Facebook

Brian L. Frye brianlfrye at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 02:35:23 CDT 2011

The "fine print" is available here:

http://www.facebook.com/terms.php

It's not clear to me what you mean by "handing Facebook the rights to your work in perpetuity, for free." But this agreement states, "You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook," and grants Facebook a non-exclusive, revocable license to use any material protected by copyright.

I don't think Facebook could function without a license of this kind, although perhaps the license could be drawn somewhat more narrowly.

This agreement is dated October 4, 2010.  Perhaps previous versions made more aggressive IP claims?

Brian L. Frye
brianlfrye at gmail.com
906 Claryville Road
Claryville, NY 12725