[Frameworks] Facebook

rachelle roeenney at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:52:41 CDT 2011

I think its relevant to note that the co-founder of Facebook, Chris
Hughes, was an attendee of Bilderberg this year.

http://www.bilderbergmeetings.org/participants_2011.html

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM, matt's frameworks address
<lists at rodeofilmco.com> wrote:
> I am definitely not advocating for a switch to Facebook, but my own personal
> feeling is that Frameworks is far more cumbersome to work with than many
> other forms of internet communication, and therefore i interact with it far
> less frequently than I do with other forums.  It also appears to me that
> overall participation in Frameworks is down substantially from where it was
> 10 years ago or so- I don't have any factual information to go by but I
> wonder what the subscription/use rate is these days and how it compares to
> years past.  I think Frameworks is an amazing resource, but could be even
> better if the platform it operated on was updated.  in terms of design and
> usability, I am talking something along the lines of the Urban Honking chat
> room: http://urbanhonking.com/uhx/discussions
>
> That said, I know Frameworks is a labor of love and I tip my hat to everyone
> who has worked to make it possible- it is not my intention to sound like I
> am complaining.
>
> -matt
>

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 1:11 PM, k. a.r. <a_r_k_ at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Matt, you wrote:
>> "Listserves are clunky and hard to navigate- in this thread alone I must
>> have seen the original post re-replied to 8 or 9 times and understanding who
>> is responding to who is next to impossible.
>> "
>> People generally reply to the thread.  It's a reply that becomes part of
>> the discussion being had by all.
>> When you open each email, you will generally see who they are replying to,
>> and I'm curious as to why you only want to
>> read certain responses, and not the whole conversation.
>>
>> Also, if people really want to reply specifically to one person and not
>> necessarily to the thread, they can send that person a private message,
>> (which you wouldn't know about) or they can change the subject line to
>> address who specifically they want to address.
>>
>> Although the listserv is now ancient internet technology, I like it.  All
>> the Frameworks messages end up in 1 folder, in chronological order, and I
>> can
>> pick and choose what to read.
>>
>> I think the Frameworks/facebook idea is not a good one.....
>>

>> Kristie Reinders, B.F.A.
>> Director of Cinematography, Electric Visions
>> Curator and Head Projectionist, Electric Mural Project
>> The Mission, San Francisco, CA
>>
>> 'A first class technician should work best under pressure.'
>> - - - Issac Asimov
>>

>> ________________________________
>> Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 10:30:05 -0700
>> From: lists at rodeofilmco.com
>> To: frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com
>> Subject: Re: [Frameworks] Facebook
>>
>> While I don't think Facebook is necessarily the answer, I do feel the
>> current email listserve is so outdated that it is a determent to both the
>> discussions and overall health of Frameworks.  Listserves are clunky and
> [...]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~On behalf of the vayama team,
we want to
thank you
for
subscribing to our Travel Dealsletter.  We hope
you will
enjoy
receiving our best international airfares to
your favorite
destinations.Privacy is very important to us. Therefore,
we will not
sell, rent, or give out your name or address
to anyone.
At any point, you can select the link at the
bottom of
every email to unsubscribe.