[Frameworks] film transfer

David Tetzlaff djtet53 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 22:50:06 CDT 2011

If you shoot it off a wall, it will flicker. This will not necessarily make it unwatchable, just look even more 'home-movie'-ish. (Which can even be a good thing...) But if that's a problem for your preview purposes, in that it would distract viewers from what you're trying to do, check the Yellow Pages, Google, craigslist etc. for 'home movie video transfer' under the 'photography' category. A real lab (e.g. Super8 Sound) will use an expensive scanner. But there used to be many small photography shops and home businesses transferring Super8 movies to video using Elmo telecine projectors, Goko transfer boxes, and other lower tech devices at much lower rates. I'm sure most of these services are gone now, but if you live in or near a big city, I'd bet there's one still in operation.

If there's an old-school full-service camera store in your town, they might or might not offer such a service, but if not, I'd bet they know who does.

If you have to send it out-of-town, you might compare Film/Video Services in Minneapolis to Dwayne's:
http://filmvideoservices.net/