[Frameworks] 7231 Plus-X replacement - ORWO available in the U.S.

Seth Fragomen sef208 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 18 19:35:35 CDT 2011

About Orwo:

I love orwo, but I think trying to find a "replacement" for kodak is a
problematic idea. Orwo is a very different stock with a different look that
is very beautiful. For those unfamiliar with it, they should see Veiko
Ounpuu's "The Temptation of St. Tony." I met the estonian dp, Mart Taniel,
who told me he shot the entire film with various orwo b and w stocks. I
tried to order orwo through the US distributor a year ago, and unless the
situation has changed he said I had to order it from Germany. I emailed a
few times with Frank in germany and below is copy of what he told me about
pricing and shipping 400 foot rolls to new york city (his email is also
included):

FilmoTec GmbH filmotec at t-online.de

date:Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:13 AMsubjectRe: 16 mm filmmailed-byt-online.de
hide details 8/4/10
**

 ******

Dear Seth,****

 ****

Please find pricing like follow:****

 ****

ORWO UN54 (100 ASA) 16mm/122m:    77.48 USD / roll****

 ****

ORWO PF2 Polyester 16mm/610m:       116,57 USD / roll****

 ****

ORWO PF2 Acetate 16mm/610m:          183.18 USD / roll****

 ****

Shipping costs for 1 roll 16mm/122m and 1 roll 16mm/610m are  169 USD.****

 ****

Terms of payment: in advance (We would send a pro forma invoice).****

 ****

Pricing is DDU   N.Y.C..****

 ****

We could deliver immediately after receiving of payment.****

With regard to low transport costs we would ship by DPD. Transport time is 4
to 10 days.****

 ****

Best regards,****

Frank