[Frameworks] MFA experimental/alternative programs

Michael Zryd zryd at yorku.ca
Wed Jun 22 11:45:55 CDT 2011

At the risk of shameless self-promotion, you might want to consider our MFA program at York University in Toronto. Faculty like Phil Hoffman, John Greyson, Brenda Longfellow, Tess Takahashi, Janine Marchessault, and me work on experimental film and/or experimental documentary, and Toronto is a great city for experimental film. The MFA program is embedded in a Faculty of Fine Arts that includes Music, Visual Art, Dance, and Theatre. There are only 2-3 spots open per year for non-Canadian students, but all students (including "internationals") get a funding package.

http://www.yorku.ca/gradfilm/

--
Michael Zryd
Associate Professor / Graduate Program Director, Cinema and Media Studies