[Frameworks] 16mm film stock in Dublin?

ev petrol epetrol2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 24 06:24:16 CDT 2011

thanks espe! i'll give it a lash
hope all's grand on your end?
cheers moira

www.moiratierney.net

www.soluscollective.org

--- On Thu, 6/23/11, Esperanza Collado <esperanzacollado1 at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Esperanza Collado <esperanzacollado1 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Frameworks] 16mm film stock in Dublin?
To: "Experimental Film Discussion List" <frameworks at jonasmekasfilms.com>
Date: Thursday, June 23, 2011, 7:25 AM

Have you checked you Julien Dorgere in Galway (Super8 Ireland). Perhaps he has some 16mm stock or could order some for you. Once I tried to get some Fuji film through an Irish company -the only one I could find after many phone calls and enquiries- and the price was absolutely crazy for a roll. I think Julien would be the only option.

I highly recommend Fuji.co.uk too, if Julien cant help. But it is not a bad idea to ask Julien, perhaps in the end he will realise he has to deal with 16mm film too, since there is no other place in Ireland.

good luck
e.

On 22 June 2011 23:57, sarah browne <sarahjbrowne at yahoo.ie> wrote:

    Hi Moira,

      I have never managed to get any in Dublin. I've always ordered
      from London.

      Steve Jones at Fuji gives an artist / student discount:

      £57.82 including the 20% VAT for a 16mm 400ft roll. £15.77
        for 100ft.

        sjones at fuji.co.uk

        He also recommended  shortdated film stock at cheaper prices on
        their clearance website:

          http://www.filmstockclearance.com

      Sam Clark at Fuji gives 10% reduction for b/w rolls (they ask for
      a minimum order of 4)

      £12.65 excluding VAT.

    samuel.clark at kodak.com

    Also worth checking out
      is the 'complete 16' deal which includes processing with Soho or
      iLab in London: http://www.complete16.com/

      I've also
          ordered from Stanley Productions... Shipping with the above
          makes it expensive.

          Sarah

          www.sarahbrowne.info