[Frameworks] 16mm print - help needed (Ireland)

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 10 21:44:07 CST 2011

I don't know the full details but I recall reading somewhere that it is possible
to retrieve an EDL from a digitally edited film with no keycode. As I recall if
the transfer has an A Frame hole punch at the begining of the reel (which I
believe is standard practice) you can use that to input edgecode into the NLE by
hand inspecting the original film. Since you're in PAL land this might not be as
complicated a procedure to do as it is for us NTSC sufferers.

I havn't tried this myself but it might be worth researching before striking a
workprint.

John