[Frameworks] Subject: Re: frieze article

Adam R. Levine adamrl at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 15:10:04 CDT 2011

My first job out of college was internal editor for a large ad agency
in London and making these reels (we called them "mood reels") was a
part of my job. We had a huge library of clips from movies, music
videos etc. that were organized by theme (Kevin Spacey in "American
Beauty" playing with a toy car as a signifier of "adults taking time
to play", Renee Zellweger as Bridget Jones pasting her head  onto the
body of a fashion model to suggest body image issues, etc.). The errr,
"creatives" would quickly whip up some text which I'd create it as
intertitles, stick the clients' logo on the end and add some sexy
music over the top. And there's your advertising pitch. It worked too,
of course!

What can I say? I was young and needed the money.

Adam

Message: 6