[Frameworks] job opening: Video and Animation Technician

Kate Dollenmayer dollenmayer at gmail.com
Fri May 13 13:26:09 CDT 2011

This has been my job since last fall, but next year I'll be moving
into a full-time faculty position, so we need to hire a new tech who
will work closely with me, and the two other video and animation
faculty members, Kate Purdie and Sue Rees. The job is full-time 9
months a year, with benefits, and would start in August 2011. Please
forward to anyone you think might be a good fit, and please apply to
the Human Resources address listed below, not directly to me.

thanks!
Kate

Video and Design/Animation Technician
http://www.bennington.edu/index.cfm?objectid=949CA080-5056-BA14-230E0E0FCAC69660&JobListingID=171

Bennington College is seeking Video & Design/Animation Technician to
work closely with faculty, IT staff and students. The Technician is
responsible for supervising, maintaining and scheduling the video
editing and multimedia design facilities including animation studio,
providing technical assistance in support of the Video and
Design/Animation curriculum, and managing student monitors of the
Video and Design/Animation facilities.  The position involves
monitoring computer usage and disk space, repairs and maintenance,
troubleshooting student problems, instructing faculty/students how to
use the equipment, overseeing the video equipment checkout facility,
and responding to video and multimedia design faculty requests.
The position requires a working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio
Pro, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite and MacIntosh
hardware/software troubleshooting skills; knowledge of Motion and
Soundtrack desired.  The ideal candidate will have experience shooting
with MiniDV and card-based HD camcorders as well as experience working
with lighting equipment, professional microphones, and recording
techniques.
A Bachelors degree is preferred.  This is a full-time position during
the academic terms (9 months each year) with benefits.  Some evening
and weekend hours may be required.

The College
Rooted in abiding faith in the talent, imagination, and responsibility
of the individual, Bennington College has been distinguished since its
founding in 1932 for its pioneering initiatives in higher education. A
national leader among liberal arts colleges, Bennington has brought an
intensity and breadth to undergraduate education that comes from
building deep connections between doing and knowing, thinking and
acting, passion and reflection.

Bennington College is located on 470 rolling acres at the foot of
Vermont’s Green Mountains. The historic New England town of Bennington
is a short drive to the many cultural offerings of the northern
Berkshires of Massachusetts and at the doorstep of Vermont’s
recreational centers; New York City, Boston, and Burlington, Vermont,
are all about three hours away.

To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, and
three letters of recommendation to:  hroffice at bennington.edu or mail
to Office of Human Resources, Bennington College, One College Drive,
Bennington, Vermont, 05201.  The review of applications will begin on
May 9, 2011 and continue until the position is filled.
Bennington College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.