[Frameworks] FW: Markopoulos and Brakhage

Eleni Philippou eleni_philippou at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 14:12:23 CDT 2011

Dear Chuck,

P. Adams Sitney writes that 'Markopoulos identifies himself with the Romantic tradition'. (p.150) From my research so far this is true.
And also Sitney compares Maya Deren and Markopoulos and he writes: 'The first approach is modified classicism, the other purely Romantic.'(p.151)
What do you think?

Best,

Eleni