[Frameworks] INTERCINE diss-assembly

Gawthrop, Rob Rob.Gawthrop at falmouth.ac.uk
Tue May 31 05:22:08 CDT 2011

Keep the sound but change the picture so there are no people in it, if
there's to be any depiction perhaps include signifiers beginning with H?

Rob

On 30/05/2011 21:06, "Tony Conrad" <conrad at buffalo.edu> wrote:

> "Works"? All music "works." But your track is completely supportive of the
> pix, &
therefore dilutes rather than supports it. That is, it's boring. Sound
> needs to
complement image, have a kind of counterpoint with it to create
> tension and interest.

Try a few other things. Try something contrasting. Try
> a commercial, or people
talking in the next room, or some Hawaiian music, or
> something from SCREAM. Or
her playing something inane or
> badly.

--------t0ny

On Mon 05/30/11  3:51 PM , harriet hello
> [...]
>  In particular do you think
> the music works?
> Apologies if I have
> accidentally sent this twic.
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 3:16 PM, 40 Frames
> wrote:
> Chris,
>
> I would definitely post your question to AMIA-L, as many
> of the
> archivists on this listserv have, use and have dealt with service
> for
> Intercine.
> You might also try this place, which came up in recent
> conversation
> here on FW. In one of the images I see a room full of
> Intercine
> machines. Gatineau was responsive to questions I asked.
> Scroll
> down to read:
> "Inspection and comparison rooms. Modified Intercines for
> shrinkage.
> 8mm, super 8, 16mm and 35mm."
>
> http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/wareview.php?id=1877&category=1&style=cl
>
> assic[3]
> Alain
> On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 7:30 AM, PRODUCTION  wrote:
> Hello
> Frameworkers,
> My name is Chris and I¹ve been a Frameworks Œlurker¹ for
>
> years. It is now
> time to come into the light. With a problem.
> I work at
> the Atlantic Filmmakers Cooperative in Halifax, Nova
> Scotia and we
> are
> moving to a new location this week. It¹s going well but we are
> having
> bit
> of a hard time diss-assembling the legs from our fine Italian
> INTERCINE
>
> flatbed 16/35 editing table so we can move it. It isn¹t as clear
> as a
>
> Steenbeck.  Just wondering if anyone has ever done this before or
> has an
>
> English manual for an Intercine.
> Also, one of the ceramic lamp receptacles
> has burnt and crumbled and
> we
> Can¹t find a replacement. Anyone know where
> one can buy Intercine
> replacement parts?
> Thanks Frameworks community!
>
> CSL
> -- CHRISTOPHER J. SPENCER-LOWE
>    PRODUCTION COORDINATOR
>    THE
> ATLANTIC FILMMAKERS COOPERATIVE
>    TEL: (902) 420-4495 [5]
>    FAX: (902)
> 420-4573 [6]
>    5600 Sackville st
>    Halifax, NS
>    B3J 1L2
>
>    production at afcoop.ca [7]
>    www.afcoop.ca [8]
>
> The Atlantic
> Filmmakers Cooperative (AFCOOP) is a non-profit,
> charitable organization
> dedicated to providing new and experienced

FrameWorks mailing
FrameWorks at jonasmekasfilms.com
https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listi
> nfo/frameworks

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please inform us immediately and then delete it. Unless it specifically states otherwise this email does not form part of a contract.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of University College Falmouth. You should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. University College Falmouth accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses