[Frameworks] DIY Super 8 telecine

Paul Krimmer paul at krimmer.at
Tue Nov 1 11:03:35 CDT 2011

check out www.telecine.de

with a bauer t502 or later models you have a fast reacting
motor-control. there is a kit available for about 80euros working with a
magnet-emitter (or with the bauer p8 16mm its a photoelectric barrier) ,
replace the light-source with a white bright led and a matte-screen
behind the gate. the video-output of your dslr-cam you will use a
Y-splittercable so you can connect a preview monitor and connect the
seperate video-signal to the projector, its synchronizes directly with
the CamĀ“s signal you dont have any flicker anymore and a very good 1080p
qual. thats the way i do ... with normal8,super8 and 16mm ... another
way is to slow the projector hard down with a voltage-meter for example,
use a button you put inside the projector, which hits every single
frame, connect this with an old mouse as the left-button, connect the
camera with the computer and in video-modus you make a screenshot
everytime. sry for bad-english i hope everyone gets it. good luck, its
easy to do, if you read it all through clearly.