[Frameworks] Master of FIlm at the Netherlands Film and Television Academy?

Tess Martin tessmartin at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:09:15 CDT 2011

Hello Frameworks!
A while back there was an interesting thread about different MFA programs that focused on alternative/experimental cinema. I've come across the Master of Film program at the Netherlands Film and Television Academy in Amsterdam. I met a student who is doing the course now and got a tour of the building. It seems right up my alley - a practical course with interesting visiting tutors. It also seems quite broad - you would be able to make what you wanted as long as serves your study plan. I make experimental stop-frame animated shorts, so this is important to me.

But I thought I'd ask frameworks and see if anyone has any experience with it? You can find out more here: http://www.ahk.nl/en/filmacademy/bachelor-programmes/master-film/master-film/

Also, any opinion on the title 'Master of Film' title vs 'Master of Fine Art'?

Thank you,
Tess Martin
Seattle-based animator

INTER-ACTION: A collection of animated shorts by SEAT, Seattle Experimental Animation Team (includes PLAIN FACE):
Touring Europe October 8-31, 2011!

www.filmandscissors.com