[Frameworks] Travelogues

Adam R. Levine adamrl at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 11:41:47 CST 2011

Hello you,

I am trying to pull together a list of experimental films that either fall
directly under the category of "travelogue" or bear witness to travel and
distance from a point of origin on the part of the filmmaker. These would
not be so much ethnographic works which are part of a sustained cultural
exchange, but films made as a result of the filmmaker "passing through" and
acknowledging the looming spectre/problem/pleasure of "the tourist film".
Warren Sonbert, perhaps John Smith's "The Hotel Diaries"? I'm sure there
are others...but can you name them?

Thanks/Grazie/Kiitos!

ARL