[Frameworks] Travelogues

Michael Zryd zryd at yorku.ca
Thu Nov 10 13:34:54 CST 2011

Philip Hoffman's The Road Ended At the Beach (1983) and Somewhere Between Jalostotitlan and Encarnacion (1984) are strong films and his Passing Through/Torn Formations (1988) might be appropriate.

Also Hollis Frampton's Ordinary Matter (1972) is a kind of metaphysical travelogue that spans the Brooklyn Bridge and Stonehenge.
--
Michael Zryd
Associate Professor / Graduate Program Director, Cinema and Media Studies