[Frameworks] preparing a CD soundtrack for a MOS film print

Ryder White ryder.white at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 00:51:45 CST 2011

hi Jon

we've done this a lot over the years, and what seems to work best is to
load up your sound onto a laptop and use Quicktime player or comparable.
itunes takes a brief moment to start playback, so avoid that. and physical
media has resulted in headaches, at least for us. the most important thing
is that the projectionist is adequately prepared for the 2-pop, which is no
problem if you're using smpte countdown, but some of the films we've done
haven't had that and so we usually do two advance hole punches...then of
course you have to brief the projectionist on your particulars. this system
has worked pretty well for "loose sync" events.

rw