[Frameworks] 35mm film will be dead by 2015 and News Corp

Tim Halloran televisual at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 17 01:31:29 CST 2011

It is not just about replicating the "look" of film, whatever that means on a physical surface level. It is more about what "happens" when you view real film--the nature of projected film demands a kind of physiological and cognitive processing that is simply absent with digital projection. In that regard, digital projection will NEVER be like real projected film. Once that is understood, the argument for preserving the unique experience of real film projection becomes more tangible.

Tim