[Frameworks] Video Program at Millennium Film Workshop this weekend

Patrick Friel patrick.friel at att.net
Wed Nov 30 13:06:29 CST 2011

And, at the risk of embarrassing Jake and overloading the list, I'd like to enthusiastically second Fred's recommendation. Jake's work is distinctive and really great. It does indeed utilize the properties and limitations of digital video in compelling ways, but it also shares some of the sensibilities and qualities of work by Brakhage, Baillie, and others in the avant-garde - and maybe even beyond that (I'm thinking perhaps Minnelli or Sirk) - with its attention to rhythm, texture, and color.

Patrick Friel
Chicago