[Frameworks] Sponeck!! an experimental cinema screening in Istanbul

Yoel Meranda yoel.meranda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 15:14:14 CST 2011

Dear Frameworkers,

This is to let all of you know about an experimental cinema screening
we're organizing this coming Saturday. First: who is 'we'?

Küçük Sinemalar (or 'Little Cinemas') is a tight-knit group of film
and video makers from Turkey, including Can Eskinazi, Ekrem Serdar,
Eytan Ipeker, Mustafa Uzuner and Yoel Meranda. As a group, we already
had screenings at Hallwalls Contemporary Arts Center in Buffalo and
Pera Museum in Istanbul.

As Ekrem once stated beautifully, we consider our blog (in Turkish,
kucuksinemalar.blogspot.com) as 'a small place for those of us who
believe that there can be "other" things then what we see in theaters,
for those of us who like films and videos that can't quite fit into
words like "experimental", "avant-garde" or "abstract", for those who
don't distinguish between production and criticism.'

I also believe that one of the things that brings five of us together
is our admiration for the North American and European avant-garde.

So, we want to screen what we make, along with works by other
film/video-makers from Turkey, and all the other film/video-makers
from around the world.

In this screening, we will all show stuff we've made in the last few
years, along with 16mm works by Scott Puccio and Scott Stark. Ekrem
will also screen an incomplete work of his on 16mm. Most other stuff
is going to be video.

So, the information is here: