[Frameworks] Anti-static film cleaner recs

Todd Eacrett hellbox at agit-prop.com
Sun Oct 2 00:24:39 CDT 2011

For a looper you need something fast drying. These days that means either an isopropanol or perchloroethylene base.

I've used the Edwal version of the latter to clean footage on a looper and it worked well: you can see the cleaner evaporate before it winds into the take-up.

Perch is dry-cleaning fluid, so if you know a dry-cleaner, you could score some on the cheap and dissolve a bit of paraffin in it to lubricate the film.

Kodak used to suggest pure isopropyl with paraffin as a cleaner/lubricant...