[Frameworks] Forbes editorial about Kodak

Steven Gladstone Steven at gladstonefilms.com
Tue Oct 4 12:20:42 CDT 2011

While Koda's financial struggles are interesting on many levels, and
certainly having some affect on this group.

Please G-d, No more Film Versus Video (Electronic Capture) because really:

WHY DOES IT MATTER TO ANYONE ELSE IF SOMEONE CHOOSES TO USE FILM OR
OTHER MEDIA TO CREATE THEIR WORK?

Personally I'm dumfounded by why anyone would want to shoot Super 8 or
9.5mm, but that is just me. The fact that I don't understand why anyone
would want to use that medium with all the other choices doesn't stop me
from appreciating the work in it.

I can't stand 30 fps, and prefer 24 fps. That's how I phrase it, you
want to shoot at 30 fps, or any frame rate, that is your choice, enjoy.

My dream (probably unfulfilled) is to make a still frame with the Niepce
process.

Anyone who wants to tell me what medium I can or cannot use should go
BLEEP themselves.

--
Steven Gladstone
New York Based Cinematographer