[Frameworks] Dance films

Yoel Meranda yoel.meranda at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 04:08:34 CDT 2011

Turkish choreographer Aydın Teker has made an experimental dance video
called ''Father's Dance'' this year. She filmed her half-paralyzed father,
edited the footage, then had music composed over the images. We're
distributing it: http://www.kamarafilm.com/works/movie/fathersdance

I'm assuming many of you don't know about Aydın Teker who is a very
influential figure in Turkey. She's one of the pioneers of contemporary
dance here. Like it says on the NXTSP website: 'Aydin Teker likes putting
bodies into destabilising situations, testing their capacity for dynamic
adaptation to the extreme.'

If you're interested in watching the film, let me know and I'll try to help
you...

Yoel, living in Istanbul