[Frameworks] 16mm camera repair & parts

Steven Gladstone Steven at gladstonefilms.com
Wed Oct 19 13:03:02 CDT 2011

For Aaton, I would try Alan Giles of Camera Engineering in the U.K. He
was the best and dealt with my old Aaton (Ser# C-322) and did amazing
work with it. I know he had the old boards done (he has an electronics
wizard who found the blown components.) He also used to manufacture many
wonderful accessories. I don't know if he is still working on Aatons,
but he was the guy.

For Bolex, I believe Chambliss is still around,
You might want to check my classic camera page which has links.

http://www.gladstonefilms.com/Classiccameras.html

Best

On 10/18/11 10:28 PM, ccrane at ithaca.edu wrote:
> hello frameworkers,
> in an effort to keep 16mm and the use of the bolex
> and aaton cameras alive at our institution, i am looking
> for any recommendations you have for other repair
> folks that would like to sign on our school account.
> is it true that both pro cam and chambless are winding
> down their repair work because of retirement?! we have 30
> cameras, 4 replacement spring motors and will
> need to replenish both supplies in the coming
> couple years. we also need someone (besides abel
> cinetech) who can help us with the electronics
> on our aatonLTRs. any and all recommendations welcome.
> i need artillery to counter support staff insurgency.
> many, many thanks,
> cathy
ilman-mail5.webfaction.com/listinfo/frameworks

--
Steven Gladstone
New York Based Cinematographer