[Frameworks] 16mm camera repair & parts

Gawthrop, Rob Rob.Gawthrop at falmouth.ac.uk
Wed Oct 19 13:26:35 CDT 2011

but aren't 'media professionals' part of the problem? "those
 kids who want to become media professionals"  need to engage with
aesthetic/critical theory and ideology so they don't conform to the culture
of domination.

Rob

On 19/10/2011 18:40, "Sandra Maliga" <neoreal at maliga.com> wrote:

> I definitely think there is a future for film as a fine arts medium.
But I
> do not think colleges should be teaching 16mm filmmaking to
every
> undergraduate in cinema.  I write as a person who taught film
and video for
> 25 years.  Students in cinema history classes should be
taught to appreciate
> film and studio arts students should experience
handling film but kids who
> want to become media professionals do not
need to make things on celluloid.
> The aesthetics  and techniques of
film and photography can be taught using
> digital equipment.

-- Sandy Maliga

On Oct 18, 2011, at 7:28 PM,

FrameWorks mailing
FrameWorks at jonasmekasfilms.com
https://mailman-mail5.webfaction.com/listi
> nfo/frameworks

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the intended recipient only. If you have received this email in error, please inform us immediately and then delete it. Unless it specifically states otherwise this email does not form part of a contract.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of University College Falmouth. You should carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment. University College Falmouth accepts no liability for any loss or damage which may be caused by software viruses