[Frameworks] eyemo question

Jeff Kreines jeffkreines at mindspring.com
Fri Oct 21 15:21:06 CDT 2011

Nicholas:

I have seen your UP8 scans.

Recently we did some tests scanning older S8 film at different resolutions, and 16mm film too.  This was to counter the prevailing wisdom that small formats don't benefit from scanning at high resolution.

At the same time, a group in Switzerland, Memoriav, had published a dossier on small-format (to them this includes 16mm) digitizing.

I wrote an illustrated response to that, including a lot of frame blow-ups from our tests.

You can download it here:

http://files.me.com/kinetta/tm1rri

Note that it will download in the background -- then you can open the folder.  Start with the PDF.

Big download, but that's the only way to really see the difference.  The bigger the monitor you have to look at it on, the better.

Best,

Jeff Kreines
Kinetta

PS:  24 bit depth in regards to sequential jpegs really means 8-bit x 3.