[Frameworks] unsettling possibilities

marilyn brakhage vams at shaw.ca
Fri Oct 28 21:34:24 CDT 2011

Interesting article with complex social, biological, as well as
aesthetic implications into the future.  . . . Obviously, capturing
imagery is a far cry from understanding the complexities of 'thought,'
and it's still very futuristic, but as we conceivably 'think' to each
other, or project our thought/images, there would have to be resultant
changes in consciousness, and the role of the artist would necessarily
be re-defined along with everything/everyone else.  "Direct" visual
art?  Ultimate loss of the artisanal? And/or a revitalizing of same?
I realize this has little or no immediate relevance to anyone here
(probably), but it showed up in my email and I just thought some
frameworkers would possibly find it interesting as well:

http://gizmodo.com/5843117/scientists-reconstruct-video-clips-from-brain-activity

Marilyn Brakhage