[Frameworks] unsettling possibilities

Brook Hinton bhinton at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 15:21:22 CDT 2011

And before I get labeled as a luddite or film fetishist, which anyone
who knows me knows I am not at all - I love the things digital
technology has opened up for making and experiencing art. My work has
been completely digital for years (though I also love, and loved
working with, film for its own unique capabilities). And I can
certainly see "brain recordings" as great ingredients in a piece of
art made with constrained tools. But raw vision dump? I want to see
the amazing collision of the artist's vision with the tools and
materials - digital, analog, virtual, I don't care - not the one
unmasked ingredient.

Brook

--