[Frameworks] MAKE A FILM! HOLD A SCREENING! OPPOSE WAR!

Sandra Maliga neoreal at maliga.com
Fri Sep 9 16:18:40 CDT 2011

Dear Friend:

Here is some info about an anti-war effort for artists and other
creative people.   http://www.10yearsandcounting.org/

I'm hoping you'll participate and spread the word. Log your upcoming
“vs War” events on the 10YAC event map, (searchable by city, state or
zip code) so folks can find out what is happening locally as we
approach the 10 year anniversary of the wars.

Contact me for more information!

In Solidarity,

  Sandy

P.S. If you are in LA this weekend there's a terrific chance to be
inspired to do art vs war at  The Vortex in downtown LA.   http://www.vswar.org/

October, 2011 will mark the ten year anniversary of our nation
continuously at war.  Endless war cannot be inevitable. I’m writing to
ask you to participate in 10 Years + Counting, a collaborative project
started by artists, poets, and others from across the country.

10 Years + Counting (10YAC) invites artists, teachers, writers,
veterans, musicians, students – all kinds of people from all walks of
life – to create something to mark the 10 year anniversary of our
nation at war. To take this historic moment as inspiration and use the
power of creativity to illustrate the costs of war and imagine a more
peaceful world.

Together we can turn the weeks of this anniversary of devastation into
an unstoppable, irrepressible explosion of imagining the possible, a
new beginning. Please visit www.10yearsandcounting.org to learn more,
and, if you participate, to register your activity or event. We hope
to create a comprehensive listing of all that occurs in response to
this anniversary - and share it with opinion leaders, elected
officials, the media, etc - to demonstrate the deep desire for change.

Thanks for the art you make and all that you do -

Camille J. Gage,

Sandy Maliga

10YAC is on FB at 10 Years and Counting; Twitter @10YAC

10YAC partners include Vets for Peace, Iraq Vets Against the War, Code
Pink, National Priorities Project, American Friends Service Committee,
Blue Mountain Center, Military Families Speak Out, Peace Action, Split
This Rock, and 350.org.