[Frameworks] OCTOBER Summer 2011 - special issue

Jonathan Walley walleyj at denison.edu
Sat Sep 24 11:38:19 CDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I've been asked to forward this to Frameworks. Sorry it's a little bit
along the lines of "self-aggrandizement" department, since I have a
piece in this issue, but there's lots of other good stuff to read,
too. The roundtable on digital filmmaking, especially, should be of
interest to the list, given our recent film v. digital thread.

Best,
Jonathan

Begin forwarded message:

> The current edition of the journal October is (mostly) an
> experimental film issue. See below for the table of contents.
>
> The roundtable is currently availabel as a free pdf on the MIT Press
> website:
>
> http://www.mitpressjournals.org/toc/octo/-/137
>
> Those who prefer the print version can download an order form (with
> a discount code) here:
>
> http://bit.ly/oERGg8
>

> October
> Summer 2011, No. 137:
>
> Line Light: The Geometric Cinema of Anthony McCall
> Philippe-Alain Michaud
>
> Identity Crisis: Experimental Film and Artistic Expansion
> Jonathan Walley
>
> Digital Experimental Filmmaking:
>
> Roundtable on Digital Experimental Filmmaking
> Flo Jacobs, Ken Jacobs, Lynne Sachs, Mark Street, Luis Recoder,
> Malcolm Turvey, Federico Windhausen
>
> Assimilating Video
> Federico Windhausen
>
> Darkness on the Edge of Town: Film Meets Digital in Phil Solomon's
> In Memoriam (Mark LaPore)
> John P. Powers
>
> Ken Jacobs: Digital Revelationist
> Malcolm Turvey
>
> Miriam Hansen and the Legacies of Critical Theory
> Andreas Huyssen

Jonathan Walley
Assistant Professor of Cinema
Denison University