[Frameworks] 2012 Flamingo Film Festival - Submission Deadline Extended + Successful Funding

Shane Christian Eason shaneeason at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 12 12:57:01 CDT 2012

Greetings everyone!

I'm posting a few quick updates for my students regarding the 2012 Flamingo Film Festival. Apologies for cross posting.

1. 2012 FFF Deadline
The deadline for submission has been extended 2 weeks. The new deadline is April 27th, 2012. All submissions should be in-hand on the 27th, no later than 6 p.m.
Please see the FFF Wordpress™ blog for regulations, shipping address and entry form. I encourage you to share this information with others that may have interest.
Flamingo Film Festival Blog

2. 2012 FFF Funding
The participating students in my EXHIBITION PRACTICES COURSE that are organizing the FFF just completed a successful Kickstarter™ campaign. The goal was to
reach $1200. The festival was successful in collecting $1475 in pledges. On behalf of the students, thank you FFF backers! You'll be receiving an awesome reward!
FFF Kickstarter Page

3. FFF on the Interweb
The Flamingo Film Festival has a number networking sites for you to stay up-to-date. Check them out!
FFF on Facebook
FFF on Twitter

4. FFF Mission
The Flamingo Film Festival is dedicated to exhibiting the short films and videos produced by post-secondary student filmmakers from around the world.
This professionally juried, inaugural event will be held in South Florida and will honor outstanding narrative, documentary, experimental and animated
projects created by students. 2012 jury TBD.
Organized and run by Florida Atlantic University's School of Communication and Multimedia Studies students under supervision from faculty, it is the goal
of the FFF to continue to encourage student creativity while recognizing achievement in the film and video medium. The FFF will offer a number of public
screenings, panels and workshops.

5. 2012 FFF Locations + Times
The 2012 FFF will be held May 11th - 12th at Cinema Paradiso in downtown Fort Lauderdale, FL.
May 11 - Program 1 @ Cinema Paradiso - 6 p.m.
May 12 - Program 2 @ Cinema Paradiso - 7 p.m.
May 12 - Program 3 @ Cinema Paradiso - 8:30 p.m.
May 12 - Awards and Wrap Party @ Cinema Paradiso - 10 p.m.
May 13 - After Party @ TBD - Midnight
*Dates, times and programs are subject to change. For updates, continue to check the FFF blog and social networking pages.*

6. FFF Attachments
2012 Entry Form (Fillable PDF)
2012 Poster (JPG)

7. Contact Info + Other Resources
If you have questions or comments, feel free to direct them to me or go to one of the FFF sources online.
FFF EMAIL: flamingofilmfest at gmail.com
FFF Trailer
FFF on Attack of the Show, G4

Best,