[Frameworks] AMY TAUBIN_Stand Up Movie Professor_at Millennium Film Workshop 4//18

Stephanie Wuertz wuertzstephanie at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 07:19:34 CDT 2012

*Weds   4/18      AMY TAUBIN, **Special guest,* as our first *Stand Up
Movie Professor **!*
*
Amy Taubin **will talk about the digitizing of everything, and why it will
be *
*impossible to fall in love with the movies of the past in the future. *

This is the beginning of a new *mid-month Wednesdays series of talks*
hosted *Ken Jacobs,* our esteemed Board Member)

Film journalist, critic, educator, curator, Amy Taubin is a contributing
editor to *Film Comment* and *Sight and Sound *magazines, writes for *Art
Forum*; received the 2007 Anthology Film Archives *Film Preservation
Honors’ Siegfried Krakauer Award*, and the 2005 *Art Historian Award* from
the School of Visual Arts in 2005.
In a former life she was an actress on Broadway and appears in several
avant garde films including those by Jonas Mekas and Michael Snow.
Read Taubin's recent Art Forum article on the Ken Kobland retrospective at
Anthology Film Archives:
http://artforum.com/film/id=30376 <http://artforum.com/film/#entry30376>
or  http://artforum.com/search/