[Frameworks] Diffusion Glass for JK printers?

Jason Halprin jihalprin at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 09:35:51 CDT 2012

Hello,

A friend of mine who is a repair tech for a film department has finally run out of his supply of small ground glass and opal glass diffusion filters for JK optical printers. His last known supplier is out of business, and he's looking to stock up. Does anyone know of a good place to source these? I've been looking through scientific optics catalogs, and I can't seem to find anything that goes for less than about $15/filter, which seems pricy for such a small piece. If I'm thinking correctly, he's looking for square pieces of about 4mmX4mm or a little larger, about 1mm thick. BTW, he is located in Chicago.

-Jason Halprin