[Frameworks] Diffusion Glass for JK printers?

40 Frames info at 40frames.org
Wed Apr 25 15:37:55 CDT 2012

Jason,

I'm curious why $15 for optical glass (filter) seems pricey to you? Seems
pretty reasonable, esp if it works.

You might check with Richard Bennett in LA, though I think if he has
anything it would be about the same price. He deals
more with ACME and Oxberry than JK.

Or try Edmund Optics (in New Jersey), though I'd guess they would be higher
in price as well.

Have you checked with Man-sung in Chicago? I just spoke to him a few days
ago and he said he is going through all of
his filter inventory and ready to make deals.

Alain

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Jason Halprin <jihalprin at yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hello,
>
> A friend of mine who is a repair tech for a film department has finally
> run out of his supply of small ground glass and opal glass diffusion
> filters for JK optical printers. His last known supplier is out of
> business, and he's looking to stock up. Does anyone know of a good place to
> source these? I've been looking through scientific optics catalogs, and I
> can't seem to find anything that goes for less than about $15/filter, which
> seems pricy for such a small piece. If I'm thinking correctly, he's looking
> for square pieces of about 4mmX4mm or a little larger, about 1mm thick.
> BTW, he is located in Chicago.
>
> -Jason Halprin

40 FRAMES
Alain LeTourneau