[Frameworks] color internegative film stock

Jason Halprin jihalprin at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 19 09:25:35 CDT 2012

Stephanie,

Kodak makes a couple of internegative stocks (7273 & 7272). If you're shooting on a JK I would suggest 7273 as it has remjet backing, if you're contact printing, either should work. The catch with either of these is that there is a 2000' minimum order from Kodak, so you should start calling around to labs and inquire about purchasing smaller amounts from them. Both are made to work with the density of color reversal film when utilized in a contact printer

All of that being said, there's no reason you can't use any stock you want to make this copy, just know that contrast will be greatly increased if you're using camera stocks. However, you can always flash your film to fog your shadows.

-Jason Halprin