[Frameworks] Optical Printing, Contact Printing and Rotoscoping Wizards NEEDED for space pirates claymation

ben.weinstein at mindspring.com ben.weinstein at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 22 01:04:29 CDT 2012

Hey just wanted to get some advice for doing some very complicated special FX on 16mm film.  I am going to be making a space pirates claymation film in the near future and I want to do some very complicated optical printing and rotoscoping FX shots.  I know that CRI film stock no longer exists but i am going to be filming model spaceships in front of a black or bluescreen and I want to know what is the best way to go about this without getting any generation loss on my film.  I will have to combine many layers of film on an optical printer and then I will also have to rotoscope in lazer beams and stuff like that so how would I go about that without making my FX shots look super grainy?  I refuse to do this on a computer because thats gay so any advice would be much appreciated.  I think i will be doin this all in the bay area so anyone who wants to help out should do so because its going to take a lot of work and I think it could be really sick if we do it right.  If none of this is possible then I am going to quit filmmaking and cut my lines so tell me what I got to do so I can make this movie great.  Thanks