[Frameworks] flickering

John Woods jawoods01 at yahoo.ca
Tue Dec 4 20:30:55 CST 2012

Unless I'm misunderstanding the effect you are after (you aren't looking for a strobing image?) then shooting at 6fps will not create flicker, you'll just get jerky high speed movement when projected back at the normal Super 8 frame rate of 18fps. You want your projector to be running at a slow frame rate to get noticeable flicker. If you want your film in the slow projector to appear at normal speed then shoot your material at 6 or 9fps or whatever rate will match your projectors running speed.