[Frameworks] Act-a-chrome

Colleen Kwok TungShuen tk1284 at nyu.edu
Wed Dec 12 16:11:03 CST 2012

Kodak states the this is mainly due to the shift of customers goes
from reversal film to negatives films, which is a definite brutal statement
for film lovers. No more color film could be projected directly without
printing.

I went to Kodak store today and thankfully got 10 rolls of 16mm 400ft. of
Ektachtome with my 2nd year production allotment.
As I am making a movie called Rectangibles, telling a story centered on the
farewell of Kodachrome, I was committed to shoot on 16mm Ektachrome but I
didn't expect its discontinuance comes this soon. I am afraid that my film
Rectangibles shooting in January, will be the last short filmed on 16mm
Ektachrome stock, which would be deeply upsetting.

I am reaching help here for funding more ektachtome stocks besides the ten
rolls of allotment for my film, as well as funding for this production to
be completed. (As I must raise 7k goal in order to fund my project
successfully on
kickstarter<http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1349294337/rectangibles>.)
Kodak states that the inventories will stay on the market for another 3,4
months, I also want to highly encourage film shooters in our program, to
stock 8mm&16mm 7285 Ektachrome if you have a super 8 camera, or get to
shoot a project soon. If you had shot this stock before, you know the
beauty of this and with the correct exposure it gives you
the stunning images that nothing else could replace. Please go save the
last bite of color in the cinematic world...the yellow of the yellow cab,
your left-over avocado, the winter's pinky sky and hopefully dandilion in
the next summer and fireworks of next july 4th.!

Best,
Colleen

Colleen Kwok TungShuen
http://colleenkwok.com/