[Frameworks] new critical studies film course in car culture

mariah garnett mariah.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 13:46:09 CST 2012

Pit stop - jack hill
Sex garage - fred halstead
There's a performance video of Dawn Kasper crashing her truck.
I don't know if there's movie documentation of this but Chris Burden's
Trans-fixed could be interesting to look at...
Matthew Barney's cremaster 3 is about cars, I'm sorry to say...
Last scene in community action center by a.l. Steiner and a.k. Burns
also, i haven't seen it yet but Holy Motors which just came out is about a
guy who drives around in a limo and every time he gets out he's a different
character. I've heard its weird and good.

have these been mentioned?
mad max
christine
lost highway