[Frameworks] The Story of Film on DVD

Douglas Urbank douglasurbank at rcn.com
Mon Dec 17 09:22:33 CST 2012

Mark Cousin's 15-part The Story of Film has just been released on DVD (for Region 1).  I saw several installments of it when it was screened this past summer at the Brattle Theatre in Cambridge, Massachusetts.  Perhaps for lots of you what's presented here will be nothing new.  His focus is on the history of innovation in world cinema and although he doesn't delve much into underground film, for me it's a mesmerizing series and I think it would be inspiring for any artist.  And I love the sound of his voice and his rhythmic narration throughout the 15 hours of the series, but judging from some U.S. buyer comments, it seems I am not in the majority on that...!

Douglas Urbank
Boston, Massachusetts
douglasurbank.com/