[Frameworks] repairing broken film

Tom Whiteside tom.whiteside at duke.edu
Sat Feb 4 07:56:31 CST 2012

How long is it? You might be able to repair with splicing tape, but if it's long at all you can probably only get by with tape on one side, and there is no guarantee it will work. When you project it might rip even more. If you really need it you will probably have to re-photograph, and unless you can touch it up it will always look like film with a diagonal tear.
A lot of damaged film that won't run on a projector can be transferred, depending on the type of transfer. Good luck.