[Frameworks] residencies with Steenbecks

Alee Peoples aleepeoples at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 20 21:44:52 CST 2012

hello there, I recently wrote the MacDowell Colony to verify that they had a Steenbeck still and they replied that it has been retired as it doesn't work anymore.  What's wrong with it exactly who knows, but that's a bummer that they're not going to keep it in use.

I just combed through some threads for residencies for filmmakers and turned up of course Phillip Hoffman's Film Farm, the Robert Schaller retreat, Struts Gallery in New Brunswick Canada and the Visual Studies Workshop in Rochester.  Thought I would put this out there again to see if anyone knows of more specifically for film editing.  Alot of the searches on resartis.org and artistcommunities.org return residencies that actually don't have celluloid editing equipment, they're just in the catch all 'film/video' category.

Any pointers appreciated.  -alee