[Frameworks] Digital Playback for Festivals, Etc.

Carl Lee carljlee at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 08:26:46 CST 2012

I would add that another very cool thing about the WD TV Live media
players in particular is that some folks in the Netherlands have written
open source software called HDSync that allows you to network multiple
players for synchronized playback.  It takes a little tweaking (it's
open source and you have to update the firmware on the players) and it
helps to know some unix (I didn't, but got help and learned a tiny bit)
but it's a great, CHEAP solution for synched, multi-channel
installation-type situations.

This is their website if anyone is interested:
http://syncstarter.org/hdsync/

I used it for a 3-channel HD video (h.264 wrapped in quicktime) and it
worked great.

Carl