[Frameworks] speaking of Maya Deren...

Ritchey, Andrew V andrew-ritchey at uiowa.edu
Mon Feb 27 14:19:32 CST 2012

I'm not sure exactly how much detail your after, but Lauren Rabinovitz's extended discussion of Deren's films in the context of her relationship with Hammid (and others) is probably the most detailed bit of scholarship yet published that pursues the line of inquiry you're suggesting (i.e., how the films "reflect different views of relationships and domesticity").

Check it out at your local library! The book is called POINTS OF RESISTANCE: WOMEN, POWER AND POLITICS IN THE NEW YORK AVANT-GARDE CINEMA, 1943-71.