[Frameworks] more on the Academy

Fred Camper f at fredcamper.com
Wed Feb 29 11:44:46 CST 2012

> For the record, the Academy Foundation actually does have an
> "Institutional Grants" program which provides financial support to small
> avant-garde film organizations ...

This is all great to hear, and much appreciated.

I'm not sure Scott is really disagreeing with me. I think it's fine when
avant-garde film is acknowledged. My point is that we should not expect
the Academy or the Oscar telecast to recognize or award avant-garde
filmmakers in the way, from a cinema art point of view, most on the list
might feel is appropriate.

Fred Camper
Chicago